What is Learning Network Educational Services?
Learning Network Educational Services is one of seven regional consortia in the province of Alberta. The consortia were established to provide professional development and training opportunities, which address the learning needs of school trustees, administrators, teachers, support staff, parents, and school councils in East Central Alberta, for the ultimate purpose of enhancing practice and improving student achievement.
What role do key learning needs play in the delivery of professional development?
Learning Network is in the process of facilitating meetings with school jurisdictions and their K-12 community in an effort to formalize the key learning needs of each group. Formalizing the key learning needs of each group will be mutually beneficial to both the K-12 community and Learning Network. Learning Network will have an informed basis for planning future professional development opportunities and at the same time will be responsive to stakeholder needs and priorities. Once the key learning needs have been determined, they will be posted on the website.
What is the mandate of Learning Network Educational Services?
- To facilitate professional development, which supports the effective implementation of the Alberta Learning Business Plan, jurisdiction and school education plans, and Regional School Council Plans.
- To facilitate professional development, which supports the effective implementation of curricula, including instruction, assessment and student learning outcomes.
- To coordinate, broker, and act as a referral center to assist stakeholders to access available professional resources.
- To deliver professional development based on the identified and emerging needs of educational stakeholders.
- To promote and support the development of professional development leadership capacity.
To provide stakeholders with access to professional development at a reasonable cost.