Role of Key Learning Needs
The Learning Network is in continual collaborative conversations with all regional stakeholders and jurisdictions and their K-12 communities identifying and formalizing the key learning needs of each group. These conversations are mutually beneficial for stakeholders, jursdictions and the Learning Network Educational Services.
Learning Network will have an informed basis for planning future professional development opportunities and at the same time will be responsive to stakeholder needs and priorities.
Learning Network's Mandate
- To facilitate professional development, which supports the effective implementation of the Alberta Learning Business Plan, jurisdiction and school education plans, and Regional School Council Plans.
- To facilitate professional development, which supports the effective implementation curricula, including instruction, assessment and student learning outcomes.
- To coordinate, broker, and act as a referral center to assist stakeholders to access available professional resources.
- To deliver professional development based on the identified and emerging needs of educational stakeholders.
- To promote and support the development of professional development leadership capacity.
- To provide stakeholders with access to professional development at a reasonable cost.